Friday, July 16, 2010

And the journey begins!

Buongiorno, Guttentag, Hello!

As many of you know, we've been in Europe for 16 days already... bouncing around from Koblenz, Germany... train ride through the Swiss alps to Milan, Venice, Florence, and Rome! Boy was it HOT there.. we are now happily back in Koblenz for a night or two to catch our breath and prepare for the first stretch of our cycling trip! The plan, as of late, is that we will begin the trip alongside the Rhine river (there is a bike path along the entire river) and work our way into the flat and lovely Netherlands (hopefully they will perk up from their loss by the time we get there!). Our first city stop will be Amsterdam - but we are not rushing to get there, still a lot of castles and tulips to see along the way. For now, check out the "about me" section for some general info about our route and such... and enjoy this taste of our trip in Italy...
Ciao!
Nate & Lucy


Syd and Nate enjoying their first Pizza! (Or 'Pizza' as they say in Italian)

The view of the Duomo in Firenze from our Hotel window.

Us on a tower in Lucca, Tuscany.

Lucca again... notice the trees on the tower.. very strange.


Venice. Enough said.

3 comments:

  1. Yes Venice enough said... It's like a dream to me now.
    I don't see the about tab
    you have inspired me I'm going to try this for my vaca too.
    Amsterdam wild and crazy mix of people from everywere. More boat rides there. Lots of bikes watch out for the trolly
    c ya
    p

    ReplyDelete
  2. guys, all I gotta say is, I'm jealous and I miss you and I love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey pete its just below this and the map on the left! I checked out your blog and lovin it tooo... now i can pretend im up north with you!
    L

    ReplyDelete

Our Route

Our Route
This is our general (and prospective) route...send us suggestions if you have them!